1. Enhanced appearance: The skin-smoothing effect can help users to appear more polished and refreshed during video calls.
2. Confidence boost: Teeth whitening effect can give users an extra confidence boost during important video meetings.
3. Professional appearance: The feature can contribute to a more professional appearance in video calls, which may be particularly significant for business meetings and interviews.
4. Self-image improvement: Skin-smoothing and teeth whitening effects can help users feel more positive about their own image on video calls.
5. Convenience: The feature being available on mobile devices allows for easy access and utilization.
1. Unrealistic presentation: The skin-smoothing and teeth whitening effects may result in an artificial and unrealistic appearance, detracting from the authenticity of video calls.
2. Potential distractions: Users may focus more on their appearance and the effects rather than the content of the conversation, leading to potential distractions.
3. Varying user preferences: Some users may prefer a more natural look and find the effects unnecessary or even undesirable.
4. Accessibility limitations: The web release timeline of 2023 means that users will have to wait for the feature if they primarily use Google Meet on desktop.
5. Technical glitches: The implementation of these effects may introduce technical issues, such as compatibility problems or performance lags.
Google Meet introduces skin-smoothing effects for mobile users during video calls, with a web release anticipated by late 2023.