– Israel’s significant strikes in Gaza may be seen as a response to attacks launched by Hamas, aiming to protect its citizens.
– Some argue that these strikes can be considered justified as they target specific military sites and infrastructure used by Hamas.
– Israel’s actions may be perceived as an attempt to maintain deterrence against future attacks and protect its national security.
– The high number of Palestinian deaths reported suggests that the strikes may be excessive and result in significant civilian casualties.
– Critics argue that these strikes do not adhere to the principle of proportionality, as the number of Israeli deaths is much lower in comparison.
– The ongoing violence in the region raises concerns about its impact on civilian populations and the potential for escalating the conflict further.
The Israel-Hamas war has been devastating, with a significant loss of life on both sides. Approximately 9,488 Palestinians have been killed, and around 1,400 Israelis lost their lives in the aftermath of the October 7 attacks.