– Offshore wind turbines provide clean and renewable energy, reducing reliance on fossil fuels.
– They generate electricity with minimal greenhouse gas emissions, contributing to the fight against climate change.
– Offshore wind farms can create job opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
– They have the potential to stimulate the economy by attracting investment and supporting local communities.
– Impact on marine life, including the potential risk of whale deaths, is a concern associated with offshore wind turbines.
– Noise generated by the turbines can potentially affect marine mammals, including whales.
– Construction and operation of offshore wind farms may disrupt or displace marine habitats.
– More research is needed to fully understand the potential consequences of offshore wind farms on whales and other cetaceans.
It’s important to note that the link between offshore wind turbines and whale deaths is still a subject of ongoing scientific research and debate.
Former US president accuses offshore wind farms of causing surge in whale fatalities.