1. Save money in the long run on energy bills.
2. Reduce dependency on fossil fuels and contribute to a greener environment. 3. Take advantage of abundant sunlight in Puerto Rico.
4. Increase the value of your property.
5. Potentially qualify for government incentives and tax credits. 6. Reliable source of energy during power outages.
7. Long lifespan of solar panels.
8. Opportunity to support the local economy by choosing local installers. 9. Potential for selling excess power back to the grid.
10. Positive impact on Puerto Rico’s energy independence.
1. High upfront costs for installation and purchasing solar panels. 2. Require regular maintenance and occasional repairs.
3. Dependence on sunlight, so energy production may fluctuate depending on weather conditions. 4. Limited roof space might not allow for optimal solar panel coverage. 5. Beware of potential shady installers or fraudulent practices. 6. Current government incentives may change or expire over time. 7. Some homeowners’ associations may have restrictions on solar panels. 8. Initial return on investment may take several years.
9. May not be feasible for renters or those planning to move in the near future. 10. Puerto Rico’s power grid limitations and regulations might pose challenges.
Thinking of getting solar panels for your Puerto Rico home? It’s a smart move that can cut down costs and keep you prepared for outages. Discover the essentials of going solar on the Island of Enchantment.