1. Increased media coverage and publicity for the MAMI Opening Ceremony.
2. Priyanka Chopra’s presence as Chairperson adds prestige and star power to the festival.
3. Increased interest and attendance from fans who want to see their favorite Bollywood celebrities.
4. The opportunity for Bollywood celebrities to showcase their fashion choices and make a style statement. 5. Celebrities can attract sponsors and endorsements to support the festival.
1. The focus on celebrities may overshadow the actual films and filmmakers.
2. Celebrity-centered events can be seen as superficial and disconnected from the art of cinema.
3. The paparazzi and media frenzy can create chaos and disrupt the flow of the opening ceremony.
4. A celebrity-driven event might discourage smaller or indie filmmakers from participating in the festival.
5. There may be inflated expectations and pressure on celebrities to make a grand entrance, overshadowing the purpose of the event.
Priyanka Chopra leads Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival, happening Oct 27-Nov 5. She is the Chairperson and a Bollywood star.