1. Hamas maintains its independence and avoids potential political concessions.
2. Hamas sends a strong message to Israel that it will not accept partial solutions. 3. Palestinian unity might be strengthened by rejecting assistance from Israel.
4. Hamas avoids potential criticism from its supporters for accepting aid from Israel.
5. Rejecting the offer could draw attention to Gaza’s dire humanitarian situation.
1. The refusal limits the availability of vital resources for Shifa hospital.
2. Hamas risks being seen as neglecting the health and well-being of Gaza’s residents. 3. The decision might contribute to deteriorating public opinion towards Hamas.
4. Refusing aid from Israel could lead to increased suffering and worsen the humanitarian crisis. 5. The rejection might further exacerbate tensions between Hamas and Israel.
(Note: This list is based on the information provided and does not take into account all possible perspectives or outcomes.)
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reported that Israel extended an offer of fuel supply to Gaza’s Al Shifa hospital. The hospital ceased operations due to fuel depletion. However, militant groups declined the offer.