1. Increased access to the International Space Station (ISS) for private astronauts.
2. Collaboration between Axiom Space and NASA legends can provide valuable expertise and insights. 3. Potential for advancements in space exploration technology and research. 4. Opportunities for scientific experiments and data collection on the ISS. 5. Expansion of commercial spaceflight industry.
1. Risk of additional strain on the limited resources and infrastructure of the ISS.
2. Potential disruptions to ongoing scientific research and activities on the station. 3. Safety concerns with inexperienced private astronauts.
4. High costs associated with private missions to the ISS.
5. Impact on the public perception of space exploration as a collaborative endeavor.
Please note that these lists are not exhaustive and should be evaluated based on individual perspectives and considerations.
Axiom Space is gearing up for its third private astronaut mission to the International Space Station, with esteemed astronauts Peggy Whitson and Michael López-Alegría leading the expedition.