1. Helps curb the proliferation of bots on the site.
2. Potential to improve user experience by reducing spam and fake accounts. 3. May lead to more genuine interactions and meaningful discussions. 4. Supports Elon Musk’s vision of creating a more authentic online environment.
1. Creates an additional financial burden for users in the Philippines and New Zealand. 2. Could discourage some users from using the platform.
3. Potential for controversy as some users may view it as unfair or unnecessary.
4. Uncertainty about whether the fees will be expanded to other parts of the world could cause confusion and dissatisfaction.
Uncertainty surrounds the application of experimental fees worldwide. Musk claims it’s the sole method to eradicate rampant bot presence on the site.