– Increased privacy: Preventing Instagram from tracking your activity on other websites and apps can help protect your online privacy by reducing the amount of data shared.
– Reduced targeted advertising: By limiting Instagram’s access to your browsing habits, you may receive fewer targeted ads, promoting a more personalized experience.
– Enhanced control: Taking control over your privacy settings gives you a greater sense of agency and control over your online presence.
– Limited features: Preventing Instagram from tracking your activity on other websites and apps may limit the personalized features and recommendations provided by the platform.
– Reduced user experience: Some functionalities of Instagram, such as customized content and tailored recommendations, heavily rely on tracking user activity.
– Loss of integration: Limiting tracking may cause certain integrated features, such as seamless login and cross-platform sharing, to become less efficient or unavailable.
The internet makes it difficult to avoid being tracked, but there are solutions. Companies like Apple and DuckDuckGo offer tools to help users, such as App Tracking Transparency and App Tracking Protection. Meta, the creator of Facebook, is also taking steps in this direction.