Pros of moving to Dubai:
– Climate: Dubai offers a warm and sunny climate, which can be appealing for those who prefer a milder winter or enjoy spending time outdoors.
– Safety: Dubai is generally considered a safe city with low crime rates, providing a sense of security for residents.
– Opportunities: Dubai is known for its thriving business environment and job opportunities, especially in sectors like finance, real estate, tourism, and hospitality.
– Cultural diversity: Dubai is a melting pot of different cultures and nationalities, providing a unique and multicultural experience.
– Infrastructure: The city boasts impressive infrastructure, including modern transportation systems, state-of-the-art buildings, and top-notch amenities.
Cons of moving to Dubai:
– Cost of living: As mentioned, the cost of living in Dubai can be quite high, particularly when it comes to housing, education, and healthcare.
– Cultural differences: Moving to a new country with different cultural norms and practices can be challenging and may require adjustment.
– Work-life balance: Dubai’s fast-paced and competitive work environment may lead to longer working hours and less leisure time.
– Restrictions: While Dubai offers many freedoms, there are also certain religious and cultural restrictions that residents need to be aware of and respect.
– Geopolitical concerns: Given the mention of the Russia-Ukraine conflict, it’s essential to consider the potential impact of geopolitical tensions on living in Dubai.
Please note that these pros and cons are general considerations and may vary based on individual circumstances and preferences.
Mary Pedler, a Russian expat, relocated to Dubai after the Ukraine invasion. Despite the tripled cost of living, she finds solace in the city’s climate and the sense of safety it provides.