Pros of Sam Bankman-Fried testifying in his own trial:
1. Provides an opportunity for him to present his side of the story directly. 2. Demonstrates willingness to be transparent and accountable for his actions. 3. May help humanize him in the eyes of the jurors.
4. Allows for the possibility of creating doubt in the prosecution’s case.
Cons of Sam Bankman-Fried testifying in his own trial:
1. Increased risk of self-incrimination or inconsistencies in his testimony. 2. Subjecting himself to intense cross-examination by the prosecution.
3. Potential for damaging his credibility if he stumbles or contradicts earlier statements.
4. Could give the prosecution additional opportunities to further strengthen their case.
Please note that these pros and cons are general considerations and may not directly reflect the outcome of Sam Bankman-Fried’s specific trial.
The ex-FTX CEO desperately tried to persuade the jurors of his innocence, but struggled to hold his ground against the relentless questioning from the prosecution.