1. The investigation by the DOJ brings attention to the issue and raises awareness about potentially misleading claims.
2. It could lead to more transparency in reporting driving range claims by not only Tesla but other automakers as well.
3. The investigation might result in stricter regulations and guidelines for companies to follow when making driving range claims.
1. The investigation may be time-consuming and resource-intensive for both Tesla and the DOJ.
2. It could cause reputation damage to Tesla if the claims are proven to be misleading.
3. The probe might divert Tesla’s focus and resources from other important projects and initiatives.
Tesla’s recent SEC filing confirmed an ongoing investigation by the DOJ into the electric vehicle manufacturer.