1. Access to world-class skiing and other outdoor activities. 2. Beautiful mountain views and a picturesque setting.
3. Strong sense of community among ski-town residents.
4. Opportunities for seasonal employment and networking in the ski industry.
5. Access to outdoor recreation year-round, such as hiking, biking, and snowboarding.
1. High cost of living, including housing, groceries, and entertainment. 2. Limited job opportunities outside of the tourism and service industries. 3. Lack of affordable housing options for ski-town employees. 4. Seasonal employment can make it challenging to maintain a stable income. 5. Remote location may limit access to certain amenities and services.
In ski towns, employees struggle to afford housing near their work. Vail is attempting to address this issue by offering financial incentives to homeowners who rent to local workers. While this is a step in the right direction, it is only a small solution for a much larger problem.