Pros of Weekend Car Buying:
1. More time: Weekends generally provide more free time for car shopping.
2. Availability: Dealerships tend to have extended hours on weekends, making it more convenient for those with busy schedules.
3. Higher chance of promotions: Many dealerships offer special weekend promotions to attract buyers.
4. Less rush: With more time on weekends, buyers can take their time to compare options and negotiate prices.
5. Weekend-only deals: Certain dealerships may offer exclusive deals only available on weekends.
Cons of Weekend Car Buying:
1. Crowds: Weekends are typically busier at car dealerships, leading to longer wait times and potentially less personal attention.
2. Limited inventory: Popular models may sell out quickly during busy weekends, limiting choices.
3. Higher demand, higher prices: Increased foot traffic on weekends may result in dealerships being less willing to negotiate on prices.
4. More competition: With more buyers on weekends, there may be increased competition for the desired vehicle.
5. Dealership staff fatigue: Salespeople and staff may be tired and less attentive towards the end of a busy weekend.
Note: This list is based on general observations and may vary depending on individual experiences and circumstances.
Introducing our weekly Jalopnik series, a comprehensive recap of the latest trends in car buying. Discover our most popular articles and catch up on any you might have overlooked. Find out more…