1. Efficiency: AI can automate certain tasks, saving time and effort. 2. Cost savings: Implementing AI can potentially reduce production costs.
3. Improved accuracy: AI technologies can enhance accuracy in tasks like voice recognition or data analysis.
4. Expanded opportunities: AI can create new avenues for storytelling and content creation.
5. Enhanced safety: AI can be employed in hazardous situations to protect human performers.
6. Creative collaboration: AI tools can assist artists in generating and refining creative ideas.
1. Job displacement: Widespread adoption of AI may lead to job losses in certain areas of the industry.
2. Skills gap: Some workers may need retraining or upskilling to adapt to the changing technological landscape.
3. Loss of human touch: AI cannot replicate the emotional depth and nuances brought by human performers.
4. Ethical concerns: Use of AI raises questions about privacy, data handling, and potential bias in algorithms.
5. Technological limitations: AI may not be fully capable of replicating the complexity of human performance or creativity.
6. Resistance to change: The industry may face challenges in embracing AI, potentially hindering progress.
Please note that these lists are not exhaustive and the impact of AI on SAG-AFTRA and studios may vary based on specific circumstances and implementation strategies.
UPDATE, 8:51 PM: SAG-AFTRA and the AMPTP are now focusing on Artificial Intelligence during their ongoing negotiations. This development has become a separate and parallel facet of their talks. In a short span of time following…