1. Protection of the Queen’s safety and well-being.
2. Upholding law and order by punishing threats against an important public figure.
3. Sending a strong message that threats against members of the royal family will not be taken lightly.
4. Acting as a deterrent to potential intruders or individuals considering similar actions in the future.
5. Reinforcing the importance of security measures and protocols in safeguarding important locations like Windsor Castle.
1. Potential backlash or criticism regarding the severity of the punishment. 2. Possibility of the incident sparking fear or anxiousness among the public.
3. The need for increased security measures, potentially imposing inconvenience for visitors and locals.
4. The financial costs associated with the legal proceedings and keeping the intruder incarcerated.
5. The possibility of the incident inspiring copycat behaviors or sensationalizing the threat.
Please note that these lists are purely informative and do not reflect personal opinion.
Jaswant Singh Chail carried a crossbow as he approached Windsor Castle on Christmas Day in 2021.