– Holding the father accountable for his actions in assisting his son in obtaining guns.
– Sending a message that aiding and abetting in obtaining firearms illegally is a serious offense.
– Highlighting the importance of responsible gun ownership and the potential consequences of reckless behavior.
– The guilty plea may not bring back the victims or alleviate the pain caused by the shooting.
– It might be argued that the father’s punishment does not directly address the actions of the Highland Park shooting suspect.
– The trial may focus more on the father’s involvement rather than the actual shooter’s motives and responsibility.
The father of the accused gunman in the Illinois Fourth of July parade shooting will face trial starting Monday. He is charged with assisting his son in obtaining firearms, acting recklessly.