1. Completing a routine depression screening can help identify and address mental health issues.
2. It is important to have regular checkups to maintain overall health and well-being.
3. Federal law ensures that routine depression screening questionnaires during annual checkups should be provided at no cost.
4. Discussing depression during a checkup allows for early intervention and appropriate treatment.
1. Being billed for two visits after discussing depression can be financially burdensome.
2. It may create confusion or frustration for individuals who were under the impression that such screenings are cost-free.
3. The potential cost may deter some people from seeking help or opening up about their mental health concerns.
4. The billing situation might indicate a lack of clarity or awareness among healthcare providers regarding federal laws related to mental health screenings.
During an annual checkup, completing a routine depression screening questionnaire is free under federal law. However, one woman found out that the doctor’s follow-up questions may come with a cost.