1. Improved relations between China and the US can lead to greater diplomatic cooperation. 2. Cooperation can promote economic growth and trade between the two countries.
3. Enhanced collaboration can address global challenges, such as climate change and pandemic response.
4. Improved relations can create opportunities for cultural exchange and understanding.
5. Cooperation can potentially reduce tensions and conflicts in the Asia-Pacific region.
1. Trust issues may hinder the effectiveness of cooperation.
2. Differing ideologies and values might hinder the progress of improved relations.
3. Economic competition can arise, leading to potential friction between the two nations.
4. National interests could still take precedence, limiting the extent of cooperation.
5. Any unforeseen political or diplomatic incidents can derail the process of improved relations.
Chinese President Xi Jinping expressed China’s readiness to collaborate with the United States in addressing global challenges while managing their differences, as reported by Chinese state media on Wednesday.